I have been a professional, committed translator since 2006. I provide quality, professionalism and in-depth cultural and linguistic knowledge that fosters communication and crosses borders.
- To help my clients reach out to the Spanish-speaking community in a language they understand, in a way they can relate to, and in a manner they can respond to.
- To understand my clients' needs, and transfer their message to their audience across cultures. No misunderstandings, no glitches, and no double meanings.
- To provide content that works both strategically and culturally. How can a translator do this? (blog entry to come!)
- To foster a diversified world including a variety of voices, and to help democratize the internet, so that information can travel across languages. Why is this important and how translators can help? (blog entry to come!)
My specialization areas
During my career, I have translated a wide range of documents and media, from robot manuals and soccer betting advertisements, to indigenous environmental policy papers and Latin American soap opera scripts. Although I love this diversity, I have a few specialization areas:
- Media: I have subtitled hundreds of episodes, movies and documentaries, and translated hundreds of episode scripts for dubbing and voice-over. I have also localized many corporate videos and marketing material. I now teach an Audiovisual Translation course at New York University.
- Health sciences: I was part of a medical translators' team and scientific revisers in charge of translating four medical books on imaging. I have also translated lots of documents on health care for patients and health professionals ranging from cardiology and primary care to radiology and neurology. I also teach Medical Translation at New York University's MS in Translation.
- Environmental sciences: I have translated a large amount of documents related to the conservation of marine species, ocean conservation and pollution, industrial fishing and its effects on marine ecosystems. I have also translated for indigenous peoples' projects and organizations.
- Business: I have translated corporate policies, insurance policies, human resources documentation and training material, financial statements, corporate websites, annual reports, business plans, political platforms, political parties' policy statements, white papers on democracy assistance and women in politics, and financial assistance grants, among other business and corporate documentation. I also teach a Financial Translation course at New York University's MS in Translation.